url/javascript processing

tombd

May 26, 2011, 11:21:34 AM5/26/11
to Jaxer
oh.

my question:

i have a target url,
http://eku.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TBListView

the page runs a bunch of javascript, so i'm trying to figure out if
jaxer can be used to fetch the page, and run the associated javascript
on the page.

if jaxer can be used, are there any pointers/sample code to illustrate
how to accomplish this

thanks

Max Stepanov

May 26, 2011, 1:00:07 PM5/26/11
to Jaxer
yes, and www.jaxer.org

bruce

May 26, 2011, 1:09:32 PM5/26/11
to ja...@googlegroups.com, max.v.s...@gmail.com
Hi Max.

Thanks for the reply.

Given a test url, that runs different javascript functions onload,
does jaxer have the ability to essentially run the underlying
javascript, and populate the dom based on the javascript?

I saw a thread/blog where someone had tried this in an early version,
but I couldn't find anything on how to accomplish this as the author
stated it didn't work in the early version he was running...

My test URL is:
http://eku.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TBListView

When I run it using Curl, I get en error, and it spits back javascript.

I've been able to get this to somewhat run using the Htmunit java
engine, but it has issues.

Thanks

-bruce

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Max Stepanov <max.v.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, and www.jaxer.org

Max Stepanov

May 26, 2011, 2:29:41 PM5/26/11
to Jaxer
Man, everything is on the Jaxer's Guide.
Particularly, you're looking for http://jaxer.org/guide/develop_sandbox.php
Explore!

Cheers,
Max