Initial help required

Pajarito

Aug 18, 2010, 6:08:18 PM8/18/10
to Jaxer
Hi Jaxer friends,

I am using Jaxer for DOM scrapping. I am calling it from a Servlet.
The Servlet also does a lot of other things. I need to know how to
implement the following requirements, or in turn, an initial help in
order to know where to start coding.

1) I need to integrate Jaxer to my Servlet in order to avoid the extra
call between the Servlet and Jaxer. Is it possible?

2) When doing DOM scrapping, some web pages containing javascript
throw an exception. The problem isalways the same: A variable in a
javascript function isnot declared. That makes jaxer to stop. As I
don't have control over the web pages, It would be nice if for that
kind of error Jaxer would continue working(for example automatically
declaring the missing variable).

I would really appreciate your help.

I consider Jaxer a great technology, and so, I think it can add a lot
of value to next generation web apps.

Thanks. Javier.

Max Stepanov

Sep 29, 2010, 3:24:17 AM9/29/10
to Jaxer
Hi Javier,

I've already responded to you on the first question in the other
discussion.
For the undefined variables issue in the Sandbox you could try to use
jsdIDebuggerService.throwHook (http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/
source/js/jsd/idl/jsdIDebuggerService.idl) to force JS engine to
ignore script errors you want.

Regards,
Max