Jaxer REST services don't work

project2501

Jan 17, 2011, 10:47:21 AM1/17/11
to Jaxer
Hi,
I'm am trying the Jaxer REST service tutorial and am running Jaxer
fine on fedora linux, standalone.
I write the example service into /opt/AptantaJaxer/public/jaxer-
service/tests.js

but whenever I try to refer to it in browser or from the form page,
Jaxer throws this error:

[Response.js:711] notifyError("Jaxer is the handler for this request
but it's not a callback or other recognized request type.
\nJaxer.request:

Others have had this problem but no clear solution. It doesn't work at
all.

How can I make it work with Jaxer standlone (latest version)?

thanks.

Max Stepanov

Jan 17, 2011, 5:26:41 PM1/17/11
to Jaxer
It works just fine (tested) when following steps at
http://jaxer.org/tutorials/restful_jaxer
That error is usually returned when there was no configured
application found, or application 'handler' is not set.
The key points are that your apache is properly configured for jaxer-
service requests and conf/services.configApps.js is loaded.

-Max

project2501

Jan 17, 2011, 7:06:10 PM1/17/11
to Jaxer
Max,
Thank you for the pointers. I will take a closer look, but it seemed
to suggest
I only needed a jaxer-service folder and appropriate tests.js file. It
seems more steps are needed.

I am using all out-of-the-box Jaxer with bundled apache.

Darren

On Jan 17, 5:26 pm, Max Stepanov <max.v.stepa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It works just fine (tested) when following steps athttp://jaxer.org/tutorials/restful_jaxer

project2501

Jan 19, 2011, 12:59:03 PM1/19/11
to Jaxer
Hi,
I looked at the tutorial again and the REST service guidelines don;t
work for me using bundled Jaxer download.

The tutorial says this:
"Here's a synopsis of all it takes to create a service (RESTful or
otherwise):
create a folder called "jaxer-service"
put your code file in that folder (or anywhere under that folder
if you need more hierarchy)"

and also this:

"To summarize, all we needed to do to create the service was to create
a JavaScript file somewhere in the document root where its path would
contain "jaxer-service". The file will be loaded and executed whenever
a request is received for that path (without the ".js" extension). "

So far, those recommendations didn't work for me.

I just want to invoke the example /jaxer-service/tests.js and the
accompanying form.

Any tips on the changes needed to the out-of-the-box Jaxer?

Appreciate any help.

Darren

project2501

Jan 20, 2011, 10:42:50 AM1/20/11
to Jaxer
Ok, the solution here is to copy the local_jaxer/conf/conf/* files to
local_jaxer/conf/

Out of the box, the service config files (i.e. jaxer-service/ ) are
not utilized by Jaxer.

Max Stepanov

Jan 20, 2011, 12:42:41 PM1/20/11
to Jaxer
Looks like a bug in the build systems for Linux.
I tested on Mac and it worked out-of-the-box (there is no extra conf/
conf folder)