templating

Johannes Nel

Sep 30, 2010, 4:36:23 AM9/30/10
to javasc...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Ok, so I have had this drilled into me on this list, the dom is slow. Understandable, I have no problem with it. Then explain to me why every templating library plugin for jquery which i have seen accesses the dom to do its replacement.
 It would make much more sense to  template, have a string and touch the dom once. I am having some serious wtf moments here with the way people are architecting plugins for jquery. Am i missing the boat here?
I am certain someone has written a  nice standalone reg ex bases template library which outputs a string, i will look for that now, still - slow dom, then don't touch it, right?

Johan

--
j:pn
\\no comment

Johannes Nel

Sep 30, 2010, 6:46:04 AM9/30/10
to javasc...@googlegroups.com
blind!

You actually include a good one with jsmvc!