Alternatives for IBM AppScan

Henrique de Miranda Gontijo

Mar 28, 2012, 2:06:06 PM3/28/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

As far as automated scan tool for security and vulnerabilities in web apps, have you used and suggest any alternatives for IBM AppScan?

Cheers,
Henrique
"Tudo tem o seu tempo determinado, e há tempo para todo o propósito debaixo do céu." Eclesiastes 3:1

Robert Casto

Mar 28, 2012, 2:09:38 PM3/28/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Backtrack 5

Robert Casto
www.robertcasto.com
www.sellerstoolbox.com

Steven Siebert

Mar 28, 2012, 2:19:10 PM3/28/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
We use Retina for whole system scanning
(http://www.eeye.com/solutions/business-need/web-application-protection)
which also does XSS and SQL injection testing along with
application/patch version checking (if configured with access via
SSH). It takes a little bit to configure, but they do have training if
you have the time/money. I would recommend as a very good tool -
works in a heterogeneous network too (not just linux).

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Henrique de Miranda Gontijo
<henr...@gontijo.org> wrote:

> --

my other quote is hilarious

Henrique M. Gontijo

Apr 3, 2012, 10:21:34 AM4/3/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for the hints.
Anybody else have more clues?

Thanks,
-Henrique

<-> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> As far as automated scan tool for security and vulnerabilities in web apps,
> have you used and suggest any alternatives for IBM AppScan?
>
> Cheers,
> Henrique
> "Tudo tem o seu tempo determinado, e há tempo para todo o propósito debaixo
> do céu." Eclesiastes 3:1
>
> --

> -.

> For more options, visit this group at

Rafal Habrat

Apr 3, 2012, 10:24:24 AM4/3/12
to java...@googlegroups.com

Rafal

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/javaposse/-/2CB2DAeXT_cJ.

Danielle Felder

May 15, 2018, 10:33:17 AM5/15/18
to Java Posse
If you're still looking, users on IT Central Station interested in IBM AppScan alternatives often read reviews for Veracode. This Technical Director wrote in his review, "We had IBM, we had Fortify, we had PMD, and there was one other scanner at the time that we were evaluating. Veracode came out on top, in almost every category." You can read the rest of his review here