TODAY - Design Patterns in light of Lambda Expressions

David Kowis

Sep 11, 2019, 10:38:20 AM9/11/19
to JavaMUG-Announce

RSVP HERE - fill out the RSVP question with your contact information

Design Patterns in light of Lambda Expressions

Abstract:

Design patterns are common place in OO programming. With the introduction of lambda expressions in languages like Java, one has to wonder about their influence on design patterns. In this presentation we will take up some of the common design patterns and rework them using lambda expressions. We will also explore some other patterns that are not so common, but are quite useful ways to apply lambdas.

Presenter: Venkat Subramaniam

Dr. Venkat Subramaniam is an award-winning author, founder of Agile Developer, Inc., creator of agilelearner.com, and an instructional professor at the University of Houston.

He has trained and mentored thousands of software developers in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia, and is a regularly-invited speaker at several international conferences. Venkat helps his clients effectively apply and succeed with sustainable agile practices on their software projects.

Venkat is a (co)author of multiple technical books, including the 2007 Jolt Productivity award winning book Practices of an Agile Developer. You can find a list of his books at agiledeveloper.com. You can reach him by email at ven...@agiledeveloper.com or on twitter at @venkat_s.

You can get in contact with Venkat via:

Complete Bio (https://www.javamug.org/speaker/2)

Sponsored by Compass Technology Group

Compass Technology Group is an IT recruiting and staffing firm based in Dallas / Fort Worth. Our firm was founded by seasoned industry professionals and has continued to enjoy substantial growth since our founding in 2008. We embrace an unrelenting commitment to quality service while retaining the passion, flexibility, and innovation of a boutique firm.

https://www.javamug.org/sponsor/96

Giveaways:

We'll hold a drawing at the end of the meeting. To enter, you must RSVP by 11 September 2019  (In the morning!) via our meetup page(http://www.meetup.com/javamug) and fill out the RSVP question with your contact information. All requested information must be provided, and you must be present to win.

Meeting Location:
Improving
5445 Legacy Drive
Suite 100
Plano TX

Location Details:

Improving is located at 5445 Legacy Dr. in Plano. This is the Northwest corner of Legacy and Hedgcoxe. It doesn't have great signage right now so here is a picture of the south side of the building (the side facing Legacy) where you should park and enter.

A couple of things:
  • Doors will be locked after 6:00 PM but we will be monitoring the south doors until the meeting starts at 7:00 PM
  • After that or if you can't get in before then and no one is watching text (469) 444-0196.
  • There is parking on the north side of the building too.
Hope to see everyone there.

Improving Office Locations: http://www.improving.com/contact

Directions and information can be found at http://javamug.org/mainpages/directions.html

Follow JavaMUG announcements at JavaMUG announce list: http://groups.google.com/group/JavaMUG-Announce/subscribe