Jira Prometheus URL redirects to Jira login page

reyd...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2018, 7:02:25 PM11/8/18
to javamelody
Hello.  When I use a web browser, the Jira Prometheus URL (/monitoring?format=prometheus) redirects to the Jira login page.  Upon login, I can view the Prometheus-formatted response with no issues.

However, how can Prometheus itself access the monitoring URL?  The instructions say we can try using Basic authentication, but when I test that technique using curl, Jira always replies with an HTTP 302 to redirect to the Jira login page.

Thanks for your help.

evernat

Nov 8, 2018, 7:25:28 PM11/8/18
to javamelody
Hi,

In the case of the plugin for JIRA / Confluence / Bamboo (like with the plugin for Jenkins), the authentication to access the monitoring page is coupled with the native authentication of JIRA / Confluence / Bamboo.

So if you want to use Prometheus, you need to disable the native authentication to the monitoring page by adding the system property in JIRA: -Djavamelody.plugin-authentication-disabled=true
then it is recommended to add another way to restrict the access to the monitoring page, for example with basic auth by adding the system property in JIRA like: -Djavamelody.authorized-users=user1:pwd1

bye,
Emeric

Tommy van Extel

May 11, 2021, 9:12:18 PM5/11/21
to javamelody
Can one also use a token instead of username and password?