Re: Directory of Loose Classes

Mark Mandel

Mar 8, 2013, 6:10:58 PM3/8/13
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com

In theory you should be able to just point it at the directory containing the class files.

What happens when you try?

Mark

Sent from my mobile doohickey.

On Mar 9, 2013 7:11 AM, "Jamie Jackson" <jamie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I've got a couple directories of loose Java classes (client stubs for some third-party Web Services) that I'm currently adding in the jvm.config (ACF9):

java.args=-server -Xmx512m -Dcoldfusion.sessioncookie.httponly=true -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xbatch -Djava.awt.headless=true -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}/ -Djava.security.policy={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/coldfusion.policy -Djava.security.auth.policy={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/neo_jaas.policy -Dcoldfusion.classPath={application.home}/servers/hud/cfusion.ear/cfusion.war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib,/var/www/apps/onecpd/GeoServices

While my app works this way, CF startup is unclean (warnings about missing flex classes)*.

For that reason (and more), I'm starting to look at JavaLoader.

So, the question is, can it work with bare classes?

Thanks,
Jamie

*As a side question, I'm wondering what I did wrong in jvm.config, because I thought what I did is supposed to work. Also, note that the cfusion/lib I included was specific to the instance, and not the "cfusion" instance. Not sure if that's part of the problem.

Adam Haskell

Mar 8, 2013, 6:37:18 PM3/8/13
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com
It's been a long time since I've messed with this stuff but I find it suspect to use Dcoldfusion.classpath. I would put it on the classpath for the App server itself (i think it is just -classpath). ColdFusion does its own funkiness with classloaders and I would avoid getting in that mix if at all possible.

Adam

Jamie Jackson

Mar 11, 2013, 1:13:39 PM3/11/13
to javaloa...@googlegroups.com
I have been playing with other aspects of JavaLoader, and haven't gotten to this yet. I'll post back when I try it.

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Jackson

Mar 11, 2013, 3:52:52 PM3/11/13