ardone sdk for android

huangt

Mar 11, 2012, 5:35:13 PM3/11/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

It is very interesting when I see you using java to control the ardrone, but nowadays when I try to build an android project and I can not succeed it based on the Android SDK provided in ardroneSDK1.6
Has anybody successfully build the android project?

If ok, please tell me, I was stopped here for a long days

Best Regards
Huangt

Normen Hansen

Mar 15, 2012, 9:42:55 PM3/15/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
yes, android works, use the SDK

huangt

Mar 16, 2012, 7:56:31 AM3/16/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for your reply, but honestly there existed some
problems in compiling, I tried to fixed some of them and successfully
generated the *.a files, but when I try to use ndk-build to generate the
.so file, some more errors happens. So if you successfully compiled it,
could you please send me the sdk file? Or I only need that "ardrone.so"
which needed to be generated from "NDK-build"(This is where I am sucked).

Waiting for your reply,
Best Wishes
Huang Teng

Moises Cardona

Jul 17, 2012, 1:50:02 PM7/17/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
I've successfully compiled and Android program but using Java and Eclipse. The app works with this library.

panamman

Jul 26, 2012, 4:11:04 PM7/26/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the confusion we are trying to help a school that chose the ar drone and android platform.
at the time it seemed a good choice but the android opensouce seems to have sucum to those planning to make their fortune selling ar drone apps and so working make files seem scarce and buggy.

Which library do you consider appropriate for a high school to integrate?
Or are they all really broken?

Vadim Zaliva

Jul 26, 2012, 4:18:52 PM7/26/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
I can only recommend our API: JavaDrone. It is not broken. There are few minor issues which we are fixing.
We planning to issue new build on Monday.

The project is open source and we hope the community will help to improve it even further.

Sincerely,
Vadim Zaliva

--
"Hated by fools, and fools to hate, be that my motto and my fate"
(Jonathan Swift)

Moises Cardona

Jul 26, 2012, 4:32:32 PM7/26/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
I can agree with you.

We use JavaDrone on our technology Summer Camp in Puerto Rico. We are the first to use this API on the island and the first summer Camp to offer the Android with AR.Drone integration. This API has given us the tools to work with autonomous projects and complete control management for the helicopter.

I can recommend this project to everyone out there who wishes to control their AR.drone with Android