navdata problem

jchen

Jul 17, 2012, 6:41:45 PM7/17/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a project using ARDrone without ControlTower. Sometimes the program stops receiving all navdata because it gets stuck at selector.select() in NavDataReader.java. Is there a way to fix this? I'm using JavaDrone with the AR.Drone 2.0. Thanks!

jchen

Jul 18, 2012, 3:06:58 PM7/18/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
An update on this--I tried running ControlTower with the old drone as well, and the issue still exists. The program prints out normal debugging statements like navDataReceived() and Sending AT command KeepAliveCommand for a while but then just blocks. I also tried adding a timeout to selector.select() but the program just loops through without ever finding a ready channel again. Any ideas?

Vadim Zaliva

Jul 19, 2012, 12:34:21 PM7/19/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Please open ticket/issue report here:

 We plan to resume work on this project on Monday.
Sincerely,
Vadim Zaliva

--
"Hated by fools, and fools to hate, be that my motto and my fate"
(Jonathan Swift)

Vadim Zaliva

Jul 23, 2012, 12:30:02 PM7/23/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
I have opened ticket http://code.google.com/p/javadrone/issues/detail?id=29

jchen

Jul 23, 2012, 4:28:04 PM7/23/12
to java...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the help, but I think it may have just been an issue with wifi dropping in and out. I have noticed other issues with navdata though--the video/vision enabled flags both return false even though info I receive through the control port 5559 says they are both true. I'm working with vision detect right now, and although it detects tags, I'm getting data like position is always (0, 0) and width in dimensions is always 0. Will you guys be updating JavaDrone to Parrot's SDK 2.0 soon? I looked through their SDK, and JavaDrone should still be compatible for the navdata aspects I'm using, but maybe there are other areas that need updating that are giving me these issues.

Vadim Zaliva

Jul 27, 2012, 7:19:50 PM7/27/12
to java...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 23, 2012, at 13:28 , jchen <jacki...@gmail.com> wrote:

Will you guys be updating JavaDrone to Parrot's SDK 2.0 soon? I looked through their SDK, and JavaDrone should still be compatible for the navdata aspects I'm using, but maybe there are other areas that need updating that are giving me these issues.

We plan to support JavaDrone 2.0 eventually, but we do not have one yet.