GPS data from FlightRecorder

Victor Leung

Dec 25, 2013, 5:33:52 PM12/25/13
to java...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Sorry that 'm new to Javadrone Libraries.

I am trying to write a simple application to allow the drone to perform autonomous flight with pre-programmed flights. Waypoints are GPS coordinates. Drone have to move to that waypoint, take picture and go to next waypoint. I have checked the official SDK that they have published, hoping to find some clue from the new FreeFlight app, they support a GPS flight planning. However this is so new that they have not released the sources, the official SDK is disappointingly complex and their NavData do not include GPS data. So I start to look into other libraries to do my development.

Does JavaDrone support reading the GPS data from the official flight recorder?
I assume the drone have to have certain firmware installed for this to work?

Thanks in advance - I am programming in Windows 7 Eclipse from Android Developer Tools (the green thing)

Cheers
Victor

krokodil

Dec 25, 2013, 6:01:19 PM12/25/13
to java...@googlegroups.com

Victor,

JavaDrone does not support GPS data. If you manage to add GPS data support please consider contributing your patches.

Thanks!