Question: JavaFX adoption

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Feb 11, 2015, 10:17:59 AM2/11/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Quick question to all existing users:

Are you planning to:

a) keep investing in Swing indefinitely?

b) migrate to JavaFX?

c) migrate to Web UI instead?

Want to see if it is worthwhile to invest in a JavaFX version or not....

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Feb 11, 2015, 10:54:20 AM2/11/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Also, are you using any addons
such as afterburner, etc

http://afterburner.adam-bien.com/

fed

Feb 11, 2015, 11:37:36 AM2/11/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
First of all, thanks for the new release Jacek.

For me, I am still using Swing, but if I have to migrate I will use some Web UI framework, like Vaadin, not JavaFX.
JavaFX still has it's declarative UI syntax.

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Feb 11, 2015, 11:50:06 AM2/11/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have seen it still uses that FXML format...

I actually have not coded a single line of JavaFX at all.
But am interested in looking at it, frustrated by the (still huge) gap in productivity in web UI vs traditional desktop UI.

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Feb 11, 2015, 9:30:30 PM2/11/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com