Swing JavaBuilder 1.3.0 is out

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Feb 10, 2015, 3:11:15 PM2/10/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

after a few years of inactivity, I've released a new version 1.3.0:

https://github.com/jacek99/javabuilders

The artifacts are hosted on the jcenter Maven repo,
see the Swing JavaBuilder PDF for all the new installation instructions.

There are no new fixes or features in this version,
I just updated all the dependencies to latest versions,
updated the project to Gradle and changed the Sphinx docs to use rst2pdf for the PDF generation.

Time permitting, I will start looking at a JavaFX version in the next few months...

Cheers
Jacek

Achmad Nasirudin Sandi

Feb 10, 2015, 6:43:37 PM2/10/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful info Sir.

Achmad Nasirudin Sandi
Software Engineer
achmad.n...@1rstwap.com

Christian Gruber

Feb 11, 2015, 12:32:54 AM2/11/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Very nice.

While I'm not opposed to the jcenter repo, any reason not to put it on sonatype's central?  Just curious.

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Feb 11, 2015, 12:34:41 AM2/11/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Much easier to upload to jcenter and now it comes standard as part of Gradle

I may look into Maven Central later, but the Sonatype process is much more convoluted

On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 23:32:54 UTC-6, Christian Gruber wrote:
Very nice.

While I'm not opposed to the jcenter repo, any reason not to put it on sonatype's central?  Just curious.

On Tue Feb 10 2015 at 3:43:40 PM Achmad Nasirudin Sandi <achma...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wonderful info Sir.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:11 AM, Jacek Furmankiewicz <jac...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

after a few years of inactivity, I've released a new version 1.3.0:

https://github.com/jacek99/javabuilders

The artifacts are hosted on the jcenter Maven repo,
see the Swing JavaBuilder PDF for all the new installation instructions.

There are no new fixes or features in this version,
I just updated all the dependencies to latest versions,
updated the project to Gradle and changed the Sphinx docs to use rst2pdf for the PDF generation.

Time permitting, I will start looking at a JavaFX version in the next few months...

Cheers
Jacek

Achmad Nasirudin Sandi
Software Engineer
achmad.n...@1rstwap.com

Anders Dam Jensen

Feb 17, 2015, 10:45:38 AM2/17/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
It is really good news to see that JavaBuilders is not dead! It is such a useful tool and fantastic idea.

Anders

Anders Dam Jensen

Feb 17, 2015, 11:03:56 AM2/17/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacek,

When you write that you have updated all dependencies, does that include an updated version of beans binding?

I am facing problems with better beans binding when using a "bean" generated using a dynamic proxy class; the dynamic proxy implements addPropertyChangeListener() and removePropertyChangeListener() and work fine with hardcoded swing, but BetterBeansBinding (and hence JavaBuilders) reports

isReadable(): expression is unresolvable
and
isWriteable(): expression is unresolvable

for all properties, and no data changes are recorded.

Thx Anders

Jacek Furmankiewicz

Feb 17, 2015, 11:17:31 AM2/17/15
to javabu...@googlegroups.com
I think I grabbed the latest versions. If not, check the build.gradle and let me know:

https://github.com/jacek99/javabuilders/blob/master/swing/swing-core/build.gradle