[9] new discussions, [24] new comments and [5] new jobs on LinkedIn

Game Developers Group Members

Jul 12, 2011, 5:39:15 AM7/12/11
to Thiago Marques
Linkedin GroupsJuly 12, 2011
Game Developers

Latest: Discussions (9) Jobs (5)

Still Active Discussions (11)

As we're all members of the games industry it'd be interesting to know which are our favourite games (on a personal, not corporate level) and why? 7 new comments »

Started by John Armstrong

I'm not really big on shooting people, or even monsters, which can be a real handicap in this business. (My handle on some sites is...
More » By Lynn Grant

Do you feel that games nowadays are less fun than they used to be? 2 new comments »

Started by Christian Philippe Guay

Old school developers might be even more rare.
By Christian Philippe Guay

Post your Facebook business or game fan page below. 5 new comments »

Started by John Armstrong

iOS and Android (currently) developer behind the game Pizza Boy. We are currently working on a adventure game to be released for ...
More » By Annica Strand

What are the origins of fun and do you believe in the existence of a possible unified theory of fun? 9 new comments »

Started by Christian Philippe Guay

@Harry: I think the term 'task' is misleading in your argument. Its not the task that needs to be complex or meaningful, it is the reward...
More » By Faraz Ahmed

As department chair in a community college, I need to provide supporting evidence to my Dean as to what platform we should use to outfit a new computer lab set aside for teaching game design courses. 1 new comment »

Started by Warren Duclos, Jr., Ph.D.

As an observer from the wider 'games industry', with experiencevof designing several successful games, it is interesting to see a...
More » By Andy Jones

New Discussions (9)

Job advice for a late bloomer Comment or flag »

Started by Humberto Abreu, Marketing & Design

I am a 52 year old creative type. I returned to school about 5 years ago and got a degree in animation. After graduating I worked for...
More » By Humberto Abreu, Marketing & Design

I am looking for game testing services/ QA for several Nintendo 3DS titles. Any recommendations, anyone? Comment or flag »

Started by Peter Bergstrom, COO GMG

I'm looking for someone experienced with Unity3D in the Palm Beach-Ft. Lauderdale area. Feel free to contact me anytime. Thank you. Comment or flag »

Started by Jose Baella, Owner of Fire Horse Studio, Inc.

Are there any inexpensive commercial GAME ENGINES that you folks can recommend for indy game development? Comment or flag »

Started by The Le, Owner at Sunshine Web Group

How big a hit have the "sit and play" games taken since the "stand and play" games like WII came out? Do you think it was more or less then 50%. 2 comments »

Started by Paul Lieb, Owner at BulletBobber Enterprises

I haven't heard of any kind of survey reporting people who have played the motion games, and from that, completely converted from...
More » By David Pierre, Environment Artist, Level Designer

Sony Santa Monica Studio is searching for Level and Combat Designers and Generalist Programmers (Graphics, On-line, Tools, Gameplay)! Contact me directly for more details. Comment or flag »

Started by Shayla Skilling, Recruiter at Sony PlayStation® (Sony Computer Entertainment)

"Hocking critcises "Viking" culture of dev studios" - full article: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-07-06-hocking-critcises-viking-culture-of-dev-studios Dev culture needs change? Discuss! 6 comments »

Started by Paul Edwards, Senior Artist at Codemasters

@paul - i guess it is a mixture of both...certainly, it is a pretty 'male' culture...i hesitate to use the word 'macho' as it doesn't...
More » By Ana Kronschnabl, CEO/Producer at FluffyLogic

Looking for game scripters/programmers in the Colorado area. Comment or flag »

Started by Alan Morgan, VP of Sales & Marketing, Quadrant Arts Education Research

Hi, I need to find someone I can work with here in Colorado on my project. Anyone have any suggestions? I want to keep it local so I...
More » By Alan Morgan, VP of Sales & Marketing, Quadrant Arts Education Research

Why Social Games for Brand engagement? Comment or flag »

Started by Swami Venkat, Founder & CEO at iNexGen Games

Job Discussions (5)

Sucker Punch is hiring - ART DIRECTOR - email me directly at mea...@suckerpunch.com OR apply directy at: iwan...@suckerpunch.com (Bellevue, WA) Comment or flag »

Posted by Meagan Johnston, Studio Recruiter

Full time/Direct Hire SW - Platform Engineers (Senior) 8 needs... Comment or flag »

Posted by Jerry Solar, Managing Business Partner at Greenlight Professional Services and Owner, Greenlight Professional Services

Senior / Lead Artist / Art Director - Kiev, Ukraine Comment or flag »

Posted by Victor Blagomir, Managing Director at Creoteam

Senior C++ Software Developer- Games/ Telecoms/ Non-finance- Leading Investment Bank- Singapore Comment or flag »

Posted by Katie Empsall, C++ Recruitment Consultant at Selby Jennings

Amazing Opportunity - Programmers + Belgium - Apply Now Comment or flag »

Posted by Scott Aiken, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Change LLP = www.change-job.com

Don't want to receive email notifications? Adjust your message settings.

Stop inappropriate content the moment it is posted. Send me an email for each new discussion »

LinkedIn values your privacy. At no time has LinkedIn made your email address available to any other LinkedIn user without your permission. © 2011, LinkedIn Corporation.