Using J2S to convert Jmol to JSmol

Sam Blackman

Jul 1, 2015, 8:15:30 PM7/1/15
to java2...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am trying to convert the Jmol code of the program Jmol by Rob Hanson into JSmol using Java2Script as the developers had and I'm running into problems. The Jmol developers are not very helpful and their documentation is limited. I am getting some errors when I run the Java2Script plugin in Eclipse Shown in the attached pics. Does anyone know anything about this?

Cheers,
Sam
J2SError.png

Zhou Renjian

Jul 1, 2015, 8:41:38 PM7/1/15
to Java2Script
Hi Sam,

It seems that you are trying to load AWT or Swing which is not available on Java2Script embedded libraries.

I think you are running into Bob's latest project swingjs which is also based on Java2Script but is not finished or released yet. You may need to modify ...jmol.app.Jmol.html and tell Java2Script class loader to load swingjs related classes. Check Bob's example or SwingJS documents is a start. And I will also forward this email to Bob, in case Bob does not notice this group message.

FYI:

Regards,
Zhou Renjian