Ivy support?

Andre-John Mas

Mar 21, 2011, 11:43:37 AM3/21/11
to Java Uuid Generator Users
Hi,

Is there any interest to add an ivy configuration? If there is I have
provided below a configuration that could be used. I use the "Ivy
Roundup" repository for my dependencies. I may even look into adding
this project to the repository if that is okay with everyone.

Andre

<ivy-module version="2.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-
instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
schemas/ivy.xsd">

<info organisation="com.fasterxml" module="jug" />

<configurations>
<conf name="default" visibility="public"
description="default configuration, suitable for compile
time and runtime"/>
</configurations>

<dependencies>

<dependency org="org.apache.log4j"
name="log4j"
rev="1.2.16" conf="default" /

</dependencies>

</ivy-module>

Tatu Saloranta

Mar 21, 2011, 12:33:06 PM3/21/11
to java-uuid-ge...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Andre-John Mas <andrej...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any interest to add an ivy configuration? If there is I have
> provided below a configuration that could be used. I use the "Ivy
> Roundup" repository for my dependencies. I may even look into adding
> this project to the repository if that is okay with everyone.

Absolutely, if it can nicely co-exist with maven build, that sounds
like a great thing to add. I could use some help (I have used Ant, but
haven't used Ivy, although I am familiar with main ideas) with this;
if you have account at Github I can give access. Or you can fork, make
changes, and I can integrate?

-+ Tatu +-

Andre-John Mas

Mar 21, 2011, 2:50:22 PM3/21/11
to java-uuid-ge...@googlegroups.com

I have just created myself a github account (user: ajmas). I could make
the changes in a branch and push the branch to github?

Andre

Tatu Saloranta

Mar 21, 2011, 2:53:12 PM3/21/11
to java-uuid-ge...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Andre-John Mas

Yes, you can fork from master, make changes, send a merge request
(github has a button for that).

-+ Tatu +-

Andre-John Mas

Mar 21, 2011, 7:01:44 PM3/21/11
to java-uuid-ge...@googlegroups.com

I have created a fork, to which I have added the ivy.xml and ivysettings.xml file. I
haven't tried doing anything with Ant at this point.

I have also submitted a patch to add JUG 3.1.0 to Ivy Roundup. This will depend on the
maven entry. Ticket is here:

http://code.google.com/p/ivyroundup/issues/detail?id=194

Andre

Andre-John Mas

Mar 22, 2011, 11:49:43 AM3/22/11
to Java Uuid Generator Users
Just to let you know that JUG is now available in the Ivy Roundup
repository:

http://ivyroundup.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/modules/com.fasterxml.uuid/jug/3.1.0/ivy.xml

I haven't any effort to add any of the older versions, though I will
do that if someone sees a need.

Tatu Saloranta

Mar 22, 2011, 1:13:14 PM3/22/11
to java-uuid-ge...@googlegroups.com

Great! I don't think there should be need (can't see need for 3.0 at
least), but if someone does need 2.x now might be good time to speak
up. 2.x might be needed if pre-JDK-1.6 compatibility is needed.

-+ Tatu +-