Proposal: require JDK 8 for next java-uuid-generator version (4.1 or 5.0)

Tatu Saloranta

Jun 20, 2022, 2:54:00 PM6/20/22
to java-uuid-ge...@googlegroups.com
So, I filed issue

https://github.com/cowtowncoder/java-uuid-generator/issues/53

to suggest that the baseline JDK needed to use java-uuid-generator
raised from JDK 6 (at least theoretically feasible) to JDK 8.
This would be done for the next non-patch release.

There is also the question of which version boost to do: I was
originally thinking of 4.1(.0) but now I am leaning towards bumping
version straight to 5.0 given that there will be support for new UUID
variants (6 and 7 at least), as well as now likely JDK baseline
requirement bump.

WDYT?

-+ Tatu +-