Maven Dependency JUG

jochen

Sep 2, 2010, 8:01:30 AM9/2/10
to Java Uuid Generator Users
Hi,

to use JUG with Maven you also have to declare the classifer tag with
lgpl or asl. Otherwise Maven can't find the JUG jar.

<dependency>
<groupId>org.safehaus.jug</groupId>
<artifactId>jug</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0</version>
<!-- the classifer is important!! -->
<classifier>lgpl</classifier>
</dependency>

It would be nice, if you could add this hint to the JUG FAQ e.g.:
http://jug.safehaus.org/FAQ
or the download section of the JUG site.

Sites like mvnrepository.com showing a wrong dependency example:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.safehaus.jug/jug/2.0.0
without the classifer.

Kind regards,
Jochen

Tatu Saloranta

Sep 2, 2010, 12:34:06 PM9/2/10
to java-uuid-ge...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:01 AM, jochen <j.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to use JUG with Maven you also have to declare the classifer tag with
> lgpl or asl. Otherwise Maven can't find the JUG jar.

Oh... thank you, I did not know that (I have not used Jug via Maven myself).

> <dependency>
>    <groupId>org.safehaus.jug</groupId>
>    <artifactId>jug</artifactId>
>    <version>2.0.0</version>
>     <!-- the classifer is important!! -->
>    <classifier>lgpl</classifier>
> </dependency>
>
> It would be nice, if you could add this hint to the JUG FAQ e.g.:
> http://jug.safehaus.org/FAQ
> or the download section of the JUG site.
>
> Sites like mvnrepository.com showing a wrong dependency example:
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.safehaus.jug/jug/2.0.0
> without the classifer.

I will try. I also hope to find time (after Jackson 1.6 gets released)
to finish up version 3.0, which should be much cleaner all around.

-+ Tatu +-