Maven2 + XDoclet2

Stuart Grimshaw

Nov 24, 2009, 4:05:53 AM11/24/09
to Sheffield Java User Group
Does anyone use XDoclet2 with Maven? The docs are a little sparse in
places [1] but using various examples [2, 3] I've only managed to get
so far.

The part of my POM file for xdoclet looks like this so far

http://pastie.org/712437

and running that gives the the following error:

"XDoclet plugin failed: No (String, String, AbstractBaseJavaEntity,
int) constructor in
org.xdoclet.plugin.hibernate.qtags.HibernateClassTagImpl"

Does anyone have a working example of a maven2/xdcolet2 POM they could
share?

[1] http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/HibernateMappingPlugin
[2] http://www.samaxes.com/2006/07/using-maven-2-xdoclet-2-and-hibernate-3/
[3] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/XDOCLET/Maven2+plugin

Stuart Grimshaw

Nov 24, 2009, 8:44:55 AM11/24/09
to Sheffield Java User Group
On Nov 24, 9:05 am, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart.grims...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Does anyone use XDoclet2 with Maven? The docs are a little sparse in
> places [1] but using various examples [2, 3] I've only managed to get
> so far.
>
> The part of my POM file for xdoclet looks like this so far
>
> http://pastie.org/712437
>
> and running that gives the the following error:
>
> "XDoclet plugin failed: No (String, String, AbstractBaseJavaEntity,
> int) constructor in
> org.xdoclet.plugin.hibernate.qtags.HibernateClassTagImpl"

All to do with version numbers. It's very easy to rely on Maven to let
you know what versions are available, when you actually need one that
is available from a repository you don't have in your pom.

-s

Ian Ibbotson

Nov 24, 2009, 8:47:38 AM11/24/09
to java-sh...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got it sorted fella.. I've all but given up with my site /
multi module woes at the moment :S

Me want to code :)

Stuart Grimshaw

Nov 24, 2009, 9:05:48 AM11/24/09
to java-sh...@googlegroups.com
So it all builds now, packaging is the next challenge :-)

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com
My art: http://stuartgrimshaw.imagekind.com
Stock Images: http://en.fotolia.com/partner/16775

Ed Bowler

Nov 24, 2009, 9:08:50 AM11/24/09
to java-sh...@googlegroups.com

Seeing as you're a recent mvn adopter, I wonder what you thought of ivy and why you didn't choose that ?

On 24 Nov 2009 14:05, "Stuart Grimshaw" <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:

So it all builds now, packaging is the next challenge :-)

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com
My art: http://stuartgrimshaw.imagekind.com
Stock Images: http://en.fotolia.com/partner/16775

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Ian Ibbotson <ian...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Glad you got it s...

Stuart Grimshaw

Nov 24, 2009, 10:56:33 AM11/24/09
to java-sh...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Ed Bowler <ed.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seeing as you're a recent mvn adopter, I wonder what you thought of ivy and
> why you didn't choose that ?

Ivy's next on my list, while I have had the nod to migrate everything
to Maven, I'm going to have a look at Ivy and see how well that can be
plugged into out existing scripts before we go the whole hog.

-S

James Jefferies

Nov 24, 2009, 11:18:22 AM11/24/09
On Nov 24, 3:56 pm, Stuart Grimshaw <stuart.grims...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Ed Bowler <ed.bow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Seeing as you're a recent mvn adopter, I wonder what you thought of ivy and
> > why you didn't choose that ?
>
> Ivy's next on my list, while I have had the nod to migrate everything
> to Maven, I'm going to have a look at Ivy and see how well that can be
> plugged into out existing scripts before we go the whole hog.
>
> -S

I'd also recommend having a look at Gradle which looked nice during
the devoxx demo (but then most things do look good during a demo!). It
looked especially good for migrating existing multiple module ant
projects to something a bit more 2009. http://www.gradle.org/