Measuring code churn

Stuart Grimshaw

May 5, 2010, 4:33:15 AM5/5/10
to java-sh...@googlegroups.com
Hudson is working pretty well for us now (even if I am losing the CI Game)

I've hooked in a bunch of plugins to show us trends for various
metrics like CPD, Checkstyle, Cobertura, Test trends but the one I'd
like to see the most is code churn, so I can see which modules we're
changing the most code in the most often, they'd be prime candidates
to be re-factored.

Are there any Java tools that provide these kind of stats? Ideally
with a Hudson plugin, but not essential ...

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com
My art: http://stuartgrimshaw.imagekind.com
Stock Images: http://en.fotolia.com/partner/16775

Sandeep

May 26, 2010, 4:39:14 AM5/26/10
to Sheffield Java User Group
Morning Stuart,

Tool that I had used in the past to manage code churn was StatSVN
http://www.statsvn.org/
It analyzes SVN repo and provides code churn metrics. But, this is for
SVN repo only.

A quick google provided few other tools like FishEye (commercial),
Programeter etc.
But I didn't get anything relating to Hudosn plugin.

Cheers,
Sandeep