Maven, JBoss & Netbeans

Stuart Grimshaw

Feb 27, 2010, 4:37:55 PM2/27/10
to Sheffield Java User Group
I know there's a couple of Netbeans users on the list, and I got no
response on the Netbeans forum, so i thought I'd ask you guys as
well ... The netbeans/maven integration is so much better than
Eclipse.

I'm trying to set up a project that uses JBoss5 as it's app server.
The project is brand new, created by Netbeans via the wizard. The
project is a Maven archetype Enterprise Application.

I've added JBoss as a service, and I can start and stop it from
Netbeans without a problem.

However when I go to the properties of the web app the archetype
created and try to add this server on the "Run" properties page,
JBoss5 doesn't appear in the drop down list of servers.

If I add Glassfish, then that will show up.

Is there anything that stops JBoss being used as a server for these
types of projects, or am I missing something in the config of the
project or server?

James Jefferies

Mar 2, 2010, 9:39:40 AM3/2/10
to Sheffield Java User Group
Is this a seperate install of Jboss somewhere? Does the project need
some kind of enterprise flag setting?

I'm not a netbeans guru, but I've been using it to have a play with
grails, much better support for that than eclipse (even the spring'd
version).

If I get chance I'll have a look for you to see if I can work out
what's going on...

.. or just don't use Jboss ;)

Stuart Grimshaw

Mar 2, 2010, 9:43:38 AM3/2/10
to java-sh...@googlegroups.com

I think it's some missing JBoss dependencies from the POM, but I'm not
sure which ones it actually wants, or maybe there's an archetype I can
use to create the project instead.

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com