JIRA & Greenhopper

James Jefferies

Sep 5, 2010, 4:00:46 PM9/5/10
to Sheffield Java User Group
We're planning on adopting JIRA & Greenhopper at work for bug tracking
and agile project management - I know a number of us have used JIRA
and some others are starting to implement it at the moment. Does
anybody have any top tips or recommendations on the initial
configuration of groups, users etc?

James

Stuart Grimshaw

Sep 9, 2010, 1:23:13 PM9/9/10
to java-sh...@googlegroups.com
We're quite close to getting our first project up & running through Jira.

We've modelled our current work flow pretty closely in Jira, and added
some mandatory fields when moving between stages (unit test results is
the main one, we have a problem with some people not running their
tests before they pass the task on to the next stage, it's going to be
a pain in the arse, but once eveyone's used to it, we can remove the
field)

We're also looking to use it for keeping track of live bugs instead of
the current system we use.

We've got Crowd linked through to our LDAP server, but for some reason
the apps won't auth against LDAP. I need to look at that though. I'm
not sure how to create groups within Crowd that are not LDAP groups,
and add LDAP users to them, I don't want the various groups we set up
for Jira, Fisheye etc to be on the LDAP server, they don't need to be.

It was quite an easy task to get them all set up and working together,
even if their Dragon Quest instructions seem set up to put people off,
anyone used to installing & configuring OSS apps should be able to do
it.

-S

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/stubbs
Blog: http://stubblog.wordpress.com