G Soc Project - Test Case Generation/Model-based Testing with Modbat

Shaaz Hussain

Mar 18, 2023, 6:19:49 AM3/18/23
to Java™ Pathfinder
I am interested in the Gsoc project-  Test Case Generation/Model-based Testing with Modbat for JPF. I have configured the JPF system on my laptop. Please tell how I should proceed further for this project.

Cyrille Artho

Mar 22, 2023, 1:53:51 PM3/22/23
to Java™ Pathfinder
Hi,
Thank you for your interest in this.
Please try to install and compile Modbat. I have moved Modbat to GitLab; the source is still the same, but we are working on updating the wiki:

The first choice will be to pair up JPF with Modbat in a usable way:

JPF main (on Java 8): Modbat has to be back-patched to support Java 8 (see the wiki). This changes one line of code in Modbat.

JPF for Java 11, branch `java-10-gradle`: This supports 98 % of Java 11 but not 100 %. Modbat supports Java 11 by default.

You will probably run into challenges running Modbat on JPF, but that's fine; getting it to start is enough at the proposal stage.
You'll have to think about how to configure JPF so it runs Modbat's "main" as the application with a model that exhibits concurrency when executed, so we can see all possible outcomes of the system being tested.