GSoC: Support for Java 12 (private API dependencies) for jpf-core

冯文翰

Apr 10, 2022, 6:23:09 AM4/10/22
to Java™ Pathfinder

Hello, I am Feng Wenhan, a 1st year PHD student at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences in China. I want to participate in the goal “Support for Java 12 (private API dependencies) for jpf-core” in GSoC 2022.

I have submitted a simple proposal in the GSoC website. However, I am a fresh man of JPF. And I would be appreciated to know how can I start with this project. And I also looking forward for some advice about my proposal.

Cyrille Artho

Apr 12, 2022, 5:22:27 AM4/12/22
to Java™ Pathfinder
Hi Feng,
Thank you for your interest in JPF. I have just responded to a message from Kenny about a similar proposal, so please read that message as well.
We expect students to be familiar with JPF when they write the proposal, so the ability to run JPF locally is expected.
Try to set up everything to get the unit tests to run, and identify a concrete task you can work on. If you can make a small enhancement as a pull request now, this will be clear evidence that you can successfully work with JPF, and this will set you apart from many other proposals that are just outlines of potential projects.

冯文翰

Apr 16, 2022, 1:57:49 AM4/16/22
to Java™ Pathfinder
Hi, I have succeeded to install JPF in my pc and run it to check codes in jpf-core/src/examples and one of my personal project. I have updated the proposal to show the screenslot.
I know it is a very little work but I am willing to learn more and do more in the future.
Best wishes!