Interested in the JPF infrastructure projects for GSOC 2023

Varad Galgali

Feb 7, 2023, 10:45:30 AM2/7/23
to Java™ Pathfinder
Hello everyone,

I am new to the Java Path Finder project. After studying up on what the tool does and setting it up using Franck's book (which is a great resource!), I have JPF running on my system.

The wiki was not working at first, but has been back since the last couple of days. Reading up on concepts there as well. Also, no pictures on the wiki pages load for me, I'm not sure if this is a problem specific to me where I'm unable to access the raw github content.

I am particularly interested in projects extending support for Java 11 and 12. I wanted to understand if there are any issues I can take up as a beginner or should I dive into #274?

Thanks in advance,
Varadraj

Soha Hussein

Feb 7, 2023, 3:18:33 PM2/7/23
to java-pa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Varad,

Thank you for your interest in JPF and for reporting issues on the wiki. I just checked it now, and it seems that links are working well and that images are displayed.  I haven't checked all the images but checked a few; if there is a particular one that you were having a problem with, please let us know. You could also try to access the page from a different machine and see if that fixes the problem. This information should be public, so you should have access to it.

I am not sure about the current status of the support of Java 11 and Java 12. You'll probably get other replies with more directions, but looking at #274 seems like a good place to start, particularly looking at the most recent comments and updates, and running tests. Looking at failing ones can give you an idea of where the limitations are, and possible solutions to it.

Soha

--

---
Message has been deleted

Varad Galgali

Feb 8, 2023, 10:44:35 AM2/8/23
to Java™ Pathfinder
Thanks for responding Soha, I was facing this issue on all the wiki pages and on different machines.
This was an issue with my DNS, I changed the address and now the images are loading.

I'll start looking into #274.

Thanks,
Varad