How to use JES in Spring context

Kusi

Dec 25, 2010, 9:41:46 AM12/25/10
to Java Email Server
Hi
I would like to integrate JES within my own application. I included
the necessary Jar dependencies in my maven poms and as well included
the jes.jar in my local maven repository. Then I start up the Jes
Mailserver within my Spring context. So far this works very well now.
However, there are a few questions and comments on that:

1) Would be nice if Jes could be just included by a maven dependency.

2) It isn't possible to configure JES by the Spring context as there
seems to be no access to the configuration of JES along the main
Mail.java object. It would be nice if JES would allow configuration
this way as well.

3) In order to start JES within my Spring context I had to create a
wrapper class (see below). Would be nice if Jes could be initialised
and shutdown directly from Spring context.

String [] params = new String[1];
params[0] = "./"; // the base directory for JES -> point to
our home directory we are running
Mail.instantiate(params);
smtpServer = Mail.getInstance();

BTW, nice piece of software. Thank you vey much providing this to the
community!

Andreas Kyrmegalos

Jan 4, 2011, 11:41:36 AM1/4/11
to Java Email Server
Hello Kusi

Thank you for your kind words. On to your questions:

1) I am afraid there are no plans, to add JES to an online
maven repo, that I know of.

2,3) Providing alternative ways of configuring JES (spring
context, web , standalone GUI) is a rather
challenging task at this time. Perhaps someone from the
community would like to take on the challenge?

Andreas