wrapper command "not found" with jes2b2 and Ubuntu

MarkHawke7

Jun 8, 2010, 12:49:46 AM6/8/10
to Java Email Server
I am trying to start JES as a service on ubuntu linux. I have jes2b2
and I think I've got everything configured correctly in init.d,
permissions etc. I can run it just fine with mail.sh. However, if
I'm in the bin directory and execute the command "./wrapper", it
simply says:
-bash: ./wrapper: No such file or directory

However, I can run the file command on it and get the following
output:
wrapper: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.0.30, not
stripped

so it looks like it's an actual file that should execute. I'm trying
to run it as root and I've even tried setting it's perms to 777.
Nothing seems to get it working though. I get the same when I execute
"./jeserver start" as well (obviously). So without that there's no
way the service is gonna start. And it looks like wrapper is pretty
well ingrained into jes.sh, so I don't see an easy way to do without
it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

-Mark

Andreas Kyrmegalos

Jun 16, 2010, 4:51:10 PM6/16/10
to Java Email Server
Hello Mark,

you should not try to run wrapper (which is an executable and
not a script so ./wrapper is a no-go) directly. It needs to have
access to parameters so that it will start a JVM and execute
JES.

If as you say you are trying to run JES as a service and you
have followed the instructions in installation.txt (to the letter)
then you don't have to do anything to have JES started. It
starts on its own at boot time.

Perhaps there in a step in the installation process that
you are not 100% confident you have taken correctly?

Andreas

Loulou

Jul 15, 2010, 9:42:45 AM7/15/10
to Java Email Server
Hello,

Into jes.sh script, just replace the line on top of the script
WRAPPER_CMD="./wrapper" by WRAPPER_CMD="wrapper"

And add execution rights to wrapper binary.

And you should be able to start the server. Check the logs to confirm.

Loulou

Jul 15, 2010, 9:22:36 AM7/15/10
to Java Email Server
Hello,

I tried too to install it on a debian server.

The ./wrapper command definition is in the top of the jes.sh script,
you must modify the jes.sh script and write : WRAPPER_CMD="wrapper"
replacing WRAPPER_CMD="./wrapper"

Don't forget to put execution right on wrapper binary with : chmod +x
wrapper

And you should be able to launch server ... until it crashes because
of you don't fill the user.conf and realm.conf files :-)