JES v2

mlohbihler

Apr 26, 2010, 10:32:56 AM4/26/10
to Java Email Server
Hi Eric,

Just wanted to let you know that i upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0b2 and
everything is working fine. There were minor issues during the upgrade
regarding configuration changes, but i got through.

BTW, sorry if i've asked this before, but what's involved in getting a
spam killer integrated into JES?

Regards,
Matthew

Andreas Kyrmegalos

Apr 26, 2010, 11:16:25 AM4/26/10
to Java Email Server
Hi Matthew,

you can hook JES2 to amavisd-new using a
dual-mta setup. And configure amavid-new to
use spamassasin and/or a virus scanner.
Take a look at the comments accompanying
the amavisd-new settings in mail.conf. They are
fairly simple. If you can't get it running you can
always come back here for more help. There is
the obvious limitation that amavisd-new only runs
on linux machines.

May I ask the specifics of the issues you
encountered;

Andreas

Matthew Lohbihler

Apr 26, 2010, 11:37:26 AM4/26/10
to java-ema...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try when i get a chance.

The issues that i had were to do with the movement of conf files into the conf directory and the requirement to put the "unlimited" JCE jars into my JRE. In other words, very minor things, and quite possibly already documented, if only i had completely read the documentation. Unfortunately, i was in a minor rush last night and so didn't document everything.

But, since then, i've noticed some issues with delivery that end up killing off the thread pool such that mail stops getting delivered. I'll post these issues in a separate thread.

Regards,
Matthew