SMTP Authentication

bandino

Jun 15, 2010, 4:05:20 PM6/15/10
to Java Email Server
Can you please tell me how to enable SMTP authentication?
Currently I can send emails even if I set any username/password in
Authenticator.

Andreas Kyrmegalos

Jun 16, 2010, 4:41:26 PM6/16/10
to Java Email Server
Hello bandino,

can you be more specific? What JES version r u using,
r u using the eclipse plugin? Can you also attach your
mail.conf?

I m pretty certain JES doesn't let any mail to be send
especially as a relay. You can try http://www.checkor.com/
If you don't successfully pass all tests then you have a
configuration error.

Andreas

bandino

Jun 17, 2010, 5:10:02 PM6/17/10
to Java Email Server
Hi Andreas,

I am using 2.0 beta2 version. I do not use Eclipse, but I try to start
the JES from my application.

Below are mail.conf and user.conf files.

mail.conf
------------------
enable.SecurityManager=false
relay.ipaddresses=127.0.0.1
disable.warning=false
external.delegated=false
sasl.digest-md5.enable=false
locale.country=US
smtpdelivery.interval=10
client-auth=no
standardSMTPsecure=false
mail.transfer.mode=Full
notify.default=false
locale.language=en
configuration.port=41001
outgoingSecure=false
domains=mydomain
securesmtpport=9114
smtp.messagesize=5
listen.address=0.0.0.0
secureactive=false
standardPOP3secure=false
smtpport=9113
8bitmime.enable=true
mail.retrieval.mode=None
smtpdelivery.threshold=10
securethreads=2
threads=5
enable.HELO=false
relay.popbeforesmtp=false
relay.popbeforesmtp.timeout=10
file.encoding=UTF-8

user.conf
--------------------------------
user.admin=admin

Regards,
Bandino

On Jun 16, 10:41 pm, Andreas Kyrmegalos <andrea...@vivodinet.gr>
wrote:
> Hello bandino,
>
> can you be more specific? What JES version r u using,
> r u using the eclipse plugin? Can you also attach your
> mail.conf?
>
> I m pretty certain JES doesn't let any mail to be send
> especially as a relay. You can tryhttp://www.checkor.com/

Andreas Kyrmegalos

Jun 20, 2010, 3:57:51 AM6/20/10
to java-ema...@googlegroups.com
I have been unable to reproduce a scenario
where trying to send an e-mail using a random
username/password as credentials for smtp
authentication.

The only way to send mail without proper
authentication is by specifying relay.ipaddresses
or relay.emailaddresses.

Perhaps you can also post the
server logs?