New to Chronicle Queue.

Kidong Lee

Oct 15, 2016, 10:51:52 AM10/15/16
to Chronicle
Hi,

I am new to chronicle queue. I have just played chronicle queue 4.5.15.

I have some questions:

1. when the process is restarted, the messages can be read from the offset before which the process have already read messages before. If so, is there any offset-commit option in chronicle queue like kafka consumer?

2. chronicle queue can be used as pub/sub pattern in a process?, for instance:

    (Message Validation) ------> (Chronicle Queue) ----------> (Producing Messages to Kafka)

                                                        + ----------------------> (Logging Messages)

   In my processor, the incoming user behavior event messages are validated first, after that, the validated messages are published to disruptor queue, from which the same messages are consumed by both logging task and kafka producer task.
   I am considering replacing my disruptor queue with chronicle queue like above diagram.

thanks,

- Kidong Lee.

Peter Lawrey

Oct 15, 2016, 12:01:06 PM10/15/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

Hello?

You can wind to any message index on a restart. Typically you store the index you read up to. Eg with an output queue. If you read my blog Vanilla Java you can see examples of how to do this automatically.

Chronicle Queue can be used for low latency distribution between threads/processes, pub/sub, as well as logging every message.

Regards, Peter.

Kidong Lee

Oct 15, 2016, 9:14:05 PM10/15/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
thanks for your reply, Peter.

I have read some of your blog, but I have not found the example of winding to the message index on restart automatically.
Could you give me a link to that?

regards,

- Kidong.

Peter Lawrey

Oct 16, 2016, 4:05:27 AM10/16/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
   This is the article where I cover automatic handling of restart.

https://vanilla-java.github.io/2016/03/29/Microservices-in-the-Chronicle-world-Part-4.html

You can handle yourself by obtaining or setting the index of the Tailer.

Regards, Peter.

Kidong Lee

Oct 17, 2016, 12:00:27 AM10/17/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Peter.

- Kidong

2016년 10월 16일 일요일, Peter Lawrey<peter....@gmail.com>님이 작성한 메시지:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Chronicle" group.