Chronicle Queue TCP replication removed?

Kelvin

Oct 4, 2016, 11:09:21 AM10/4/16
to Chronicle
Hello,

I'm a long time fan and user of the Chronicle Queue and Map libraries and noticed the following verbiage:

"...concurrent readers on the same machine or across multiple machines via TCP replication (With Chronicle Queue Enterprise)..."

I presume that this means TCP replication has been removed from the open source version of Chronicle Queue. Can someone confirm my assumptions? We're unable to pay license fees at this point in time, so migrating off the tech is our only option if TCP support will be dropped in the long term.

Regards,
Kelvin

Rob Austin

Oct 4, 2016, 11:12:11 AM10/4/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Kelvin

This is correct, Tcp replication ( of chronicle-queue)  is now commercial functionality.

Rob

Peter Lawrey

Oct 4, 2016, 11:36:45 AM10/4/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
   The new version, which is a complete re-write, doesn't have replication in the open source version. All the old code is available on the 3.x branch.

   While you might enjoy your job, you still need your employers to pay you a respectable wage and we need to do the same for our developers.
   We are fortunately that some clients who see the value in our products continue to allow us to offer some software free.

Best Regards,
   Peter.

Kelvin

Chaitanya Kulkarni

Nov 27, 2016, 10:11:14 AM11/27/16
to Chronicle
Hi,

Is replication now removed for Chronicle Maps as well ?

Thanks,
trojan

Peter Lawrey

Nov 27, 2016, 10:35:15 AM11/27/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
  Replication for Chronicle Queue 4.x is available in Chronicle Queue Enterprise which is a licensed product.

Regards, Peter.

Chaitanya Kulkarni

Nov 27, 2016, 10:41:45 AM11/27/16
to Chronicle
Hey Peter,

My question was actually NOT for chronicle queues but was for chronicle maps... :)

Would answer remain the same anyway ???

Peter Lawrey

Nov 27, 2016, 11:14:18 AM11/27/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
For Chronicle Map 3.x we only support replication in the commerciless version.

Regards, Peter.

Rob Austin

Nov 27, 2016, 11:22:08 AM11/27/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Replication is not available in the last version of chronicle map.

Sent from my iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to java-chronicl...@googlegroups.com.

trojan

andrei

Dec 12, 2016, 11:38:49 AM12/12/16
to Chronicle
Hi Peter,

Totally understandable. Quick question: Does version 4 allow for multiple concurrent readers/writers (different processes)  with the chronicle queue / map, on the same machine?

Thanks

On 4 Oct 2016, at 16:09, Kelvin <pho.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm a long time fan and user of the Chronicle Queue and Map libraries and noticed the following verbiage:

"...concurrent readers on the same machine or across multiple machines via TCP replication (With Chronicle Queue Enterprise)..."

I presume that this means TCP replication has been removed from the open source version of Chronicle Queue. Can someone confirm my assumptions? We're unable to pay license fees at this point in time, so migrating off the tech is our only option if TCP support will be dropped in the long term.

Regards,
Kelvin

Rob Austin

Dec 12, 2016, 11:46:33 AM12/12/16
to java-ch...@googlegroups.com

On 12 Dec 2016, at 16:38, andrei <zerno...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does version 4 allow for multiple concurrent readers/writers (different processes)  with the chronicle queue / map, on the same machine?

Yes to all