iOS compatibility

Thibaut Prudat

Oct 27, 2011, 10:20:39 AM10/27/11
to java-apn...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

We develop an iOS app using Titanium Appcelerator. The java-apns is already deployed on the Production Server for an old versioned app (not on iOS5 and not developed with Appcelerator).

We would like to know if there's any issue or related compatibility problem with iOS5 and/or a Appcelerator development?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

--
Thibaut PRUDAT

Andrew Kinnie

Oct 27, 2011, 10:33:45 AM10/27/11
to java-apn...@googlegroups.com
Works fine with our iOS 5 clients.  I have not (yet) used Appcelerator, but iOS 5 isn't an issue.  (the os handles the notifications differently on the client side, but the server still does the same as always)

Johannes Lagos

Oct 27, 2011, 10:40:26 AM10/27/11
to java-apn...@googlegroups.com
How does the IOS5 handle notification different then IOS4 on the client side?

Mvh / Best regards/ Cordialmente

Johannes Lagos

Andrew Kinnie

Oct 27, 2011, 10:51:59 AM10/27/11
to java-apn...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it's different from a code perspective, though I didn't handle the client side of that.  I think the difference is a user difference.  The new Notification Center, similar to what WebOS and Android do, allows the notifications to be stacked up, and allow you to see them by pulling down the home screen, etc.

So as far as I know and as far as a coworker who did work on it knows, the code is the same.  However, there is an official iOS 5 changes document showing which APIs have changed.

Johannes Lagos

Oct 27, 2011, 10:54:27 AM10/27/11
to java-apn...@googlegroups.com
Ok. That is what I also heard. But for a moment I started wondering if I was wrong.