Last minute reminders before your posts go live next week!

Mani Sarkar

Nov 29, 2019, 4:53:20 PM11/29/19
to Java Advent Coordination
Hello dear authors,

It's that time of the year again for your posts to shine in the Java Advent Calendar but before we get all excited, just a few reminders (and there might be more from myself and the other to admins):

- please get your drafts ready and schedule them
- adding the right tags and categories to your post (try to use some word cloud generator to find out the important keywords in your post)  - I did notice a couple of you haven't check this section on the right side of the WordPress interface and they may contain unintended items ;)
- schedule your posts (1 AM of the selected day)
- super important: also please let us know if you want your post to be featured by the awesome @DZoneInc (mark this into the spreadsheet)

Looking forward to your lovely posts starting 1st December until the near end of the month.

This year we had such smooth admin all thanks to you lovely folks for filling up the slots so quickly and with such little reminders.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Regards,
Mani
PS: Holger, Olimpiu -- do you want to add anything else?
--
@theNeomatrix369  |  Blogs  |  @adoptopenjdk @graalvm @truffleruby |  Github  |  Slideshare  | LinkedIn

Don't chase success, rather aim for "Excellence", and success will come chasing after you!

Mani Sarkar

Nov 29, 2019, 5:23:55 PM11/29/19
to Java Advent Coordination
One more small thing, don't forget to add a feature image to your post, always helps highlight your post when in search results!

Mani Sarkar

Nov 30, 2019, 6:25:29 PM11/30/19
to Java Advent Coordination
I'll recommend https://unsplash.com/
for the images one can use without attributions or even the ones from https://pixabay.com/.

Flickr also provide photos under creative commons or non commercial licenses but then ask for attributions in many instances.

Have a look at them and see which ones fit your needs.
@theNeomatrix369  |  Blogs: https://medium.com/@neomatrix369  | @adoptopenjdk @graalvm @graal @truffleruby  |  Github: https://github.com/neomatrix369  |  Slideshare: https://slideshare.net/neomatrix369 | LinkedIn: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/mani-sarkar

Mani Sarkar

Dec 15, 2019, 3:16:55 AM12/15/19
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi all

Another reminder about the below. In this case, a number of our esteemed authors haven't updated the tags and categories on their post (please check again). It may just classify your post under an incorrect section of Wordpress's feed. There's still time o go back and update the post it won't get noticed by the readers while you do that.

@Rafael I know you are still updating your post, but a good time to update these as well ;)

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Mani