All set up

Java Advent Coordination

Nov 29, 2020, 2:43:59 PM11/29/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi folks.

Next week we kick off this year's edition and we can't wait for all your juicy fresh content!

You all should have access to https://www.javaadvent.com/wp-admin. Please use the 2020 category plus any category and tags you like. There is the option to publish the article in the future. So, once you are ready, please schedule the publication for the date you chose.

There is also one slot left. So if you know someone with a great article or want to publish two articles (and double your chance for one of the two Jetbrains licenses), feel free to put your name in.

If you any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will get this sorted.

All the best,
Your JavaAdvent Team

Antonio Goncalves

Nov 30, 2020, 3:06:56 AM11/30/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi all,

The home page (https://www.javaadvent.com/) still has the articles and dates from last year. What about at least displaying the titles, author names and dates from this year ? And give access to the article when it's the right time (like a real Advent calendar).

WDYT ?
Antonio

Antonio Goncalves
Contractor, Java Champion and Pluralsight author

Blog | TwitterLinkedIn Author | Pluralsight | Devoxx France | Voxxed Microservices

olimpiu pop

Nov 30, 2020, 3:31:57 AM11/30/20
to Antonio Goncalves, Java Advent Coordination
Hi Antonio,

good idea. Let's see if we can do it with what we have.

Regards,

Olimpiu

--
Olimpiu  Gh. Pop, MSc

Holger Steinhauer

Nov 30, 2020, 7:44:49 AM11/30/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi Antonio.

Thanks for your input.

Yes, right now we show the "old" articles until the next December and then the fresh articles only. Having some kind of opening articles is a great idea and we will do that. We will also bring back the authors page. This will be auto-generated by the text you can edit in your profile.
Hope this helps.

All the best,
Holger

Antonio Goncalves

Dec 1, 2020, 6:04:41 AM12/1/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Having a speaker page is fine, but I was more talking about having the name of the speaker below the title (see attached)

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 12.02.32.png

Holger Steinhauer

Dec 1, 2020, 7:02:35 AM12/1/20
to Java Advent Coordination

Ahhh! Now I got ya! Great idea. I'll look into it. Until then, there is an author box underneath the article as well (which needs some more work as well)

I'll keep you posted.

Holger Steinhauer

Dec 1, 2020, 4:21:15 PM12/1/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Sorted ;)

Attila-Mihaly Balazs

Dec 2, 2020, 5:41:42 AM12/2/20
to Holger Steinhauer, Java Advent Coordination

Antonio Goncalves

Dec 2, 2020, 6:11:08 AM12/2/20
to Attila-Mihaly Balazs, Holger Steinhauer, Java Advent Coordination
Cool.

I would suggest one more improvement. When you click on the menus Archive, Sponsors... then there is no menu to come back to the calendar. I would add an extra menu (here in red) so it's easily accessible.

WDYT ?
Antonio

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 12.08.26.png

Holger Steinhauer

Dec 2, 2020, 2:02:35 PM12/2/20
to Antonio Goncalves, Attila-Mihaly Balazs, Java Advent Coordination

Hey ya.

Thanks for our input. We added a “Home” link :)