Summer CheckIn and Question

Java Advent Coordination

Jun 26, 2021, 7:43:51 AM6/26/21
to Java Advent Coordination
Hey folks.

Yes, I know - Advent Calender, June, is this Holger mental?

Well, although that is a question doctors are still debating, I wanted to take the chance to get in touch with you folks early.

Last year, it went smooth-ish. At the same time, I was rather stressed up to the last minute.

This made me think and that is why this message finds you now.

One of the biggest issues is the article delivery. And yes, I appreciate the fact that we all work and squeeze this in.
To make this a bit more planable (and maybe a bit easier to prepare the promotions as well) I would suggest the following:

- We open a Request for Articles September, 1st
- The RfA is open for a month (closes September, 30th)
- All articles get considered, as long as they are JVM related
- The articles are due November, 10th (this gives us 1 1/2 months to get them done)
- We send out reminders from the beginning of November. (as a friendly reminder)
- We check the articles and find a fitting schedule (which we will communicate November, 17th)
- We schedule the articles to go out on the appointed date at 0:01 GMT

What do you folks think?

Cheers,
Holger

Martijn Verburg

Jun 26, 2021, 11:13:20 AM6/26/21
to Java Advent Coordination
Sounds good to me\!

Cheers,
Martijn

Vladimir Dejanovic

Jun 27, 2021, 4:29:11 AM6/27/21
to Martijn Verburg, Java Advent Coordination