Reposts on Java Code Geeks

Nicolas Frankel

Dec 28, 2019, 11:51:23 AM12/28/19
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand something. Has anybody among the organizers agreed to let the Java Code Geeks repost the Java Advent Calendar? Because I find myself on their site (cf. https://www.javacodegeeks.com/user/nicolas-frankel?profiletab=posts) with all my Java Advent Calendar posts.

In the Google Sheet document, it was asked whether reposting on DZone was ok, and I explicitly disallowed it (I'll probably need to write a blog post about it in the future). I'm trying to understand if they did it on their own, or if somebody from the organization let them do it.

Thanks for your answers, and have a good time during the holidays.

olimpiu pop

Dec 28, 2019, 12:21:48 PM12/28/19
to Nicolas Frankel, Java Advent Coordination
Hi Nicolas,

As we did always until now, we always put the wish of our authors before anything, so nobody among us gave the permission for repost to anybody. So, any repost is without our permission. Apologies for this, we will contact Javacodegeeks to try to settle this issue.

Regards,

Olimpiu

Frankel, Nicolas

Dec 28, 2019, 12:27:36 PM12/28/19
to olimpiu pop, Java Advent Coordination
Thanks for your quick feedback. I assumed as much, given the greed of their ilk...

No worries, I can contact them myself.

Best regards,

Nicolas Fränkel

http://blog.frankel.ch

https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/learning-vaadin https://www.packtpub.com/eu/web-development/learning-vaadin-7-second-edition https://leanpub.com/integrationtest/

olimpiu pop

Dec 28, 2019, 12:30:29 PM12/28/19
to Frankel, Nicolas, Java Advent Coordination
Hi nicolas,

Apologies once again, if you contact them please keep me updated. We will like to prevent further abuse in the future.

Regards,

Olimpiu

Frankel, Nicolas

Dec 28, 2019, 12:40:54 PM12/28/19
to olimpiu pop, Java Advent Coordination