Christmas came earlier(ish) for JavaAdvent authors in 2020

Java Advent Coordination

Nov 27, 2020, 1:31:28 PM11/27/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi folks.

SURPRISE! We got support from JetBrains in the form of FOUR licenses to give away this year.

What do you need to do? Well, we will raffle TWO licenses among this year's authors. So if you haven't signed up yet, grab that last two slots. Slots are all gone? No worries. We can publish more than one article per day, you know! Get in touch or simply add an additional line in our sign up sheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iBNA8m0L_tB8585_-4z2cH9IiQCtA6D7wCG8ezg2TS0.
That is it. Each and every author who has their article ready on time will be put into our huge tombola thingy and the license goes out on Christmas Eve!

Wait, I said four licenses but only two go out to the authors? That is correct. The other two will be raffled via a public tombola.  So spread the word :)

Looking forward to your amazing content.

All the best,
The Java Advent Team

Cay Horstmann

Nov 29, 2020, 9:46:50 AM11/29/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi Java Adventers,

my article is due 12-05, and I had hoped to have a draft ready by today.
It'll be another day or two, but then, what do I do with it? In the
past, there was a WordPress site for it. I have
https://www.javaadvent.com/wp-login.php in my notes. Is that still the
same? There was some process with posting the draft that I can't
remember. Can you remind me (and surely others)?

Cheers,

Cay
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/java-advent-coordination/88a5d5d8-8636-4f5b-ac02-f452e1625029n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/java-advent-coordination/88a5d5d8-8636-4f5b-ac02-f452e1625029n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Java Advent Coordination

Nov 29, 2020, 10:25:45 AM11/29/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi Cay.

Awesome news! We are really looking toward to your article.

You get to the backend via https://www.javaadvent.com/wp-admin. Hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Holger

olimpiu pop

Nov 29, 2020, 5:41:12 PM11/29/20
to Java Advent Coordination
Hi Cay,

Nice to have your contribution once again. As already mentioned by Holger, you can access the platform on https://www.javaadvent.com/wp-admin. As for the process, it is rather straightforward:

  1. Write the article
  2. Schedule it for the due date at 01:01 AM
  3. Let us know on this thread that it is done
Regards,

Olimpiu

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/java-advent-coordination/ec6a8b3e-ec4c-4563-af62-86ffd93baeb0n%40googlegroups.com.

--