Re: Abridged summary of java-advent-coordination@googlegroups.com - 18 updates in 1 topic

1 view

Mani Sarkar

Nov 6, 2019, 6:15:13 PM11/6/19
to Java Advent Coordination
I have a number of Java posts this year (on medium, see https://medium.com/@neomatrix369) and hoping there will be more to come by the 1st - 24th of December.

Is it possible to have multiple posts per day if the day slots get filled up quickly?

Please add my name to your list as well!

On Wed, 6 Nov 2019 at 22:10, <java-advent-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Holger Steinhauer <hlib...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 02:33AM -0800

Hi.

Late like always, but let's make it happen anyway. December is approaching
fast and we would love to have Java Advent 2019 happening. Anyone up for it?

Looking forward to your ...more
bulzanstefan <bulzan...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 12:40PM +0200

I'm in
-------- Original message --------From: Holger Steinhauer <hlib...@gmail.com> Date: 11/6/19 12:33 (GMT+02:00) To: Java Advent Coordination <java-advent-...@googlegroups.com> ...more
Vladimir Dejanovic <ed.wo...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 12:47PM +0100

hi,

i could write something around micronaut, for example intro and why you
should take a look at it, or something along those lines

...more
Nikhil Nanivadekar <nikhilna...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 08:04AM -0600

I can do 2 articles: 1 on Eclipse Collections another on Kafka. Two
questions:
1) Where is the schedule to get a date? Helps in planning.
2) Last year there was an issue with Medium integration. ...more
Martin Toshev <mart...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 04:20PM +0200

I can also do two:

- Elasticsearch SQL;
- comparing ML libraries in popular big data processing frameworks
(Spark, Flink, Ignite).

P.S. Is there a spreadsheet as last year where we can ...more
Erik Costlow <erikc...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 09:28AM -0500

I'll pick up an article with the working title, "Yes Java is still free,
let's please stop discussing this."

The article will address the explosion of custom JDK offerings (Corretto, ...more
olimpiu pop <olimp...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 04:37PM +0200

Hello guys,

thanks for jumping boat like always. Here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176AL0zD7GIUJSwUixWsv4O9FnyzLUltQsiBgksOH1aU/>
is the excel, please fill in the articles and the ...more
Holger Steinhauer <hlib...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 09:18AM -0800

Hi Nikhil.

This is good news! Looking forward to your articles!

You can find the schedule
here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176AL0zD7GIUJSwUixWsv4O9FnyzLUltQsiBgksOH1aU/.
...more
Nikhil Nanivadekar <nikhilna...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 12:16PM -0600

We tried to have the blogs published on medium. But if we want to do it
using Wordpress like last year, I am fine with it as well :)

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 11:18 AM Holger Steinhauer ...more
Uberto Barbini <ubert...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 07:13PM

I agree that using a medium publication would make easier for me to publish
and for people to find it.

I can contribute an article on project Vahalla, after the ljc workshop.

Uberto
...more
Cay Horstmann <cay.ho...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 09:04PM +0100

I can write something about Project Loom.

Cheers,

Cay

Il 06/11/19 11:33, Holger Steinhauer ha scritto:
...more
Vladimir Dejanovic <ed.wo...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 09:13PM +0100

add my init info about article

...more
Nicolas Frankel <nic...@frankel.ch>: Nov 06 12:15PM -0800

Hey guys,

I don't want to be the grumpy old guy, but I won't take part in the
initiative this year if it's published on Medium. Sorry for that...

On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 9:13:39 PM ...more
Holger Steinhauer <hlib...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 01:11PM -0800

I think this is the easiest. You are more than welcome to cross-post your
article on Medium afterwards ;)

On Wednesday, 6 November 2019 19:16:36 UTC+1, Nikhil Nanivadekar wrote:
...more
Holger Steinhauer <hlib...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 01:12PM -0800

Hi Uberto.

No worries, you are more than welcome to re-publish it on Medium afterwards.

On Wednesday, 6 November 2019 20:14:02 UTC+1, Uberto Barbini wrote:
...more
Holger Steinhauer <hlib...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 01:14PM -0800

Great news. Can you please pick a date and put your name against it on here
please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176AL0zD7GIUJSwUixWsv4O9FnyzLUltQsiBgksOH1aU/
?

On Wednesday, 6 ...more
Holger Steinhauer <hlib...@gmail.com>: Nov 06 01:15PM -0800

No worries. I think if an author wants to have his article on Medium, he /
she can re-publish it once it went live on JavaAdvent (ideally with a
backlink). We will host our content ourselves ;)
...more
Nicolas Frankel <nic...@frankel.ch>: Nov 06 01:18PM -0800

Sure!

On Wednesday, November 6, 2019 at 10:15:51 PM UTC+1, Holger Steinhauer
wrote:
...more
You have received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.

@theNeomatrix369  |  Blogs  |  @adoptopenjdk @graalvm @graal @truffleruby |  Github  |  Slideshare  | LinkedIn

Don't chase success, rather aim for "Excellence", and success will come chasing after you!