Multi-factor Authentication with JATOS

James Grindell

Oct 10, 2020, 5:31:58 PM10/10/20
to JATOS
Howdy all!

I was wondering if anyone has had success with integrating any MFA service such as Google Authenticator with the login on JATOS? I know JATOS has documentation on setting up an Apache2 proxy in front of the connection to filter and encrypt passwords, but has anyone explored adding this security feature to the JATOS framework?

Thanks!

-James

Kristian Lange

Oct 11, 2020, 4:25:51 PM10/11/20
to JATOS
Hi James,
We didn't think of adding Multi-factor Authentication to JATOS  yet but we might add it in the future. A better LDAP integration is also on our list and has an even higher priority because many universities still use it.
Best,
Kristian

James Grindell

Oct 12, 2020, 2:50:29 PM10/12/20
to JATOS
Howdy Kristian,

Thank you for the response! It's a shame that there is no MFA integration with JATOS yet, since a lot of Universities have updated their network security guidelines. I'll be awaiting on the announcement for when the updated LDAP integration comes out!

Best,
James