deployment problem

María da Fonseca

Jan 7, 2021, 10:49:03 AM1/7/21
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elisa and Kristian,

Happy new year! This time I write to you because I am trying to deploy a new experiment, that runs locally, and failing again and again. The error message is the following:

Destination '/opt/jatos/study_assets_root/dotsCBC' directory cannot be created

dotsCBC is the name of the experiment.

Could you please tell me where the problem could be?

Best,

María

Kristian Lange

Jan 7, 2021, 3:46:05 PM1/7/21
to JATOS
Hi María,

Hm, it looks like JATOS has somehow no access to the directory where it's storing the study assets. That's strange. Did you change permissions of this folder (''/opt/jatos/study_assets_root/dotsCBC'')? Or does JATOS run with a different user than the one who owns this folder?

Best,
Kristian

Elisa Filevich

Jan 7, 2021, 4:17:39 PM1/7/21
to JATOS
Hi María,

One more thought: usually people that have this problem (study running locally but not on the server) have different names: the (usually Linux) server will be case-sensitive but your local computer might not be.
Can you heck that the paths are exactly the same?

Best
Elisa

María da Fonseca

Jan 8, 2021, 6:27:36 AM1/8/21
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elisa and Kristian,

There is one that has changed and it is that I uploaded the jatos version locally but the server (belonging to the lab) is not actualized. Could that be a problem? Because I could deploy before from linux local to the server.

About the paths, I checked it: I don't have jatos in opt. The path for my study is: '/home/cbclab/jatos_linux_java/study_assets_root/dotsCBC'...where cbclab is the name of my so and dotsCBC the name of the experiment.

Best,

María

Kristian Lange

Jan 8, 2021, 9:53:02 AM1/8/21
to JATOS
The path for your local JATOS is '/home/cbclab/jatos_linux_java/' but for your lab's JATOS it's probably '/opt/jatos/'. And it appears that something is prohibiting JATOS from creating a new folder for your study called 'dotsCBC'. You can try to import your study with a different folder name. You can change your study's folder name in your local JATOS -> your study -> properties -> field 'Study assets' directory name' -> Save. Then export the study again and import it into your lab's JATOS.

And if this doesn't work I'd like to know if you can import any other study into your lab's JATOS (maybe one from JATOS example studies).

Best,
Kristian

María da Fonseca

Jan 8, 2021, 10:10:43 AM1/8/21
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristian,

El vie, 8 ene 2021 a las 11:53, Kristian Lange (<lange.k...@gmail.com>) escribió:
The path for your local JATOS is '/home/cbclab/jatos_linux_java/' but for your lab's JATOS it's probably '/opt/jatos/'.
I don't have jatos in '/opt/jatos/', jatos script is in '/home/cbclab/jatos_linux_java/bin'.

And it appears that something is prohibiting JATOS from creating a new folder for your study called 'dotsCBC'. You can try to import your study with a different folder name. You can change your study's folder name in your local JATOS -> your study -> properties -> field 'Study assets' directory name' -> Save. Then export the study again and import it into your lab's JATOS.
My study there is named just  'dotsCBC' (without the path root). If I change that named I still have the problem.

And if this doesn't work I'd like to know if you can import any other study into your lab's JATOS (maybe one from JATOS example studies).
I tried to import the hello world example (exported from the example web page) and still have the same problem.

Best,

María

María da Fonseca

Jan 8, 2021, 11:11:47 AM1/8/21
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristian,

Exploring Jatos local I found at the end of the home page:

Where are my files?

Your study assets root path is: /home/cbclab/jatos_linux_java/study_assets_root
Your JATOS installation is in: /home/cbclab/jatos_linux_java

best,

María

Kristian Lange

Jan 8, 2021, 11:34:14 AM1/8/21
to JATOS
Hi María,

I'm confused now. Your local JATOS installation AND your lab's JATOS installation are in a folder with the same path? Both are in '/home/cbclab/jatos_linux_java'? I'm asking because this '/opt/jatos/' in your error message hints at a JATOS installation with Docker which follows other rules than a standard Linux.

Best,
Kristian

María da Fonseca

Jan 8, 2021, 11:43:14 AM1/8/21
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristian,

I am also confused about it. The only thing that changed is that a few days ago I uploaded the jatos version locally. But nothing appears in opt, there I only have foxit reader. I don't have access to the lab's jatos installation, so I don't know the path there. The info I was sending to you was present in the local server, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Best,

María

Screenshot from 2021-01-08 13-41-08.png

Kristian Lange

Jan 14, 2021, 10:52:01 AM1/14/21
to JATOS
Hi Maria,

Could you solve your problem in the mean time? I'm pretty sure it has to do with wrong path names in your study or problems with permissions on your JATOS server.

Best,
Kristian

María da Fonseca

Jan 14, 2021, 11:13:43 AM1/14/21
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kristian,

The lab is trying to solve the problem (I have no access to the server). In the meantime, another lab shared the server with us.

Best,

María