Questions for saving data

김민영

Mar 29, 2023, 12:25:25 PM3/29/23
to JATOS
Hi, hope you are well.

I just sent an email to you but posting it here again!
I appreciate your work on JATOS, and am very looking forward to working with it in the near future.

However, I had some problems with saving data on the server.
I made a simple code to run a task using jspsych.
But whenever I run the task, I do not get any data but the state turns to "DATA_RETRIEVED" as below.
image.png

I am currently using,
  • Chrome browser
  • jsPsych ver 7.3
  • JATOS ver 3.8.1
I will post the code  I am using right now, and screenshots of parts where I think it is essential for this problem.
image.png

image.png

I would appreciate it if I could get help.
Thank you.

Best regards,

MinYoung Kim
code.txt

Kristian Lange

Mar 29, 2023, 4:02:48 PM3/29/23
to JATOS
Hi Kim,

Somehow your images didn't get through but from looking at your code, I might have found the problem:

jatos.onLoad(() => {
  jsPsych.run(timeline);
  on_finish: () => jatos.endStudy(jsPsych.data.get().json())
});

The line that starts with "on_finish" doesn't really make sense here. It probably causes an error while running. Change it to just:

jatos.onLoad(() => {
  jsPsych.run(timeline);
});

Best,
Kristian

김민영

Mar 30, 2023, 9:41:50 AM3/30/23
to JATOS
Hi  Kristian,

Thanks for your reply!
I tried what you said and but still cannot save the data.

Sorry for my mistake! I uploaded the images again.

This is the problem I am having right now,
problem.jpg

and this is the code I am currently working on.
code.jpg
I changed the code as you suggested but still having the same problem.
Could there be anything else I can do?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
MinYoung Kim

2023년 3월 30일 목요일 오전 5시 2분 48초 UTC+9에 Kristian Lange님이 작성:
code.txt

Kristian Lange

Mar 31, 2023, 4:41:49 AM3/31/23
to JATOS
Hi Kim,
I just tried your code and it submits some result data with me. I tried it on my local JATOS and on jatos.mindprobe.eu - it worked on both
Best,
Kristian

Screenshot from 2023-03-31 10-39-05.png