JATOS error: service not available at random

Krzysztof Hanusz

Jun 9, 2022, 9:33:08 AM6/9/22
to JATOS
Hello All!

We have deployed JATOS (3.6.1) on our internal server (OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS; Apache 2.4.41).

The system seems to work just fine, but after some time, the server stops responding (either on ports destined for JATOS or on ports destined for SSH). After some time, the connection comes back. Nothing in the logs can be associated with such an action of the system.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards
Krzysztof Hanusz

Kristian Lange

Jun 9, 2022, 3:30:52 PM6/9/22
to JATOS
Hi Krzysztof,
My first guess is that the server is overloaded, especially since you can't use SSH too. How mach memory and disk does you server have? And can you somehow monitor your server's resources to figure out if there is a sudden spike in memory, CPU or network?
Best,
Kristian