jQuery error

mtn...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2020, 10:13:59 AM8/29/20
to JATOS
Hey Kristian and Elisa,

I'm getting the following error message when loading my study on the DigitalOcean server. Strangely I started getting this message when running this component after making changes to another component that is only loaded later.

start?srid=1741:120 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'text' of null
    at start?srid=1741:120
    at readyForOnLoad (jatos.js:492)
    at Object.jatos.onLoad (jatos.js:482)
    at start?srid=1741:119

Any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks!
-Matan

mtn...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2020, 10:15:11 AM8/29/20
to JATOS
This is the component for which I'm getting the error:
InformationSheet_Web_1260_003_Nov2018.html

Elisa Filevich

Aug 30, 2020, 4:26:35 PM8/30/20
to JATOS
Hi Matan,

The error message is confusing but, from trying it out here, we saw that it's most likely because your component JSON input is empty. You didn't send us the entire study so I can't say for sure, but did you write any text in that field in the component's properties?

In the meantime Kristian will try to see why this appears as a non-existent variable instead of an empty field, as it should.

Best
Elisa

Matan Mazor

Aug 31, 2020, 2:51:27 AM8/31/20
to JATOS
Hi Elisa,

You're right, the problem seems to be in the component JSON input, which I've never used. Manually adding an empty '{}' to the JSON input field solved the problem for me.

Thanks!
-Matan

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "JATOS" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jatos/4A32296C-A6FF-489C-8BCD-F3F464253FE3%40gmail.com.