passive listen for wake word and active listen after

Carmine Marino

Sep 21, 2020, 4:48:53 PM9/21/20
to Jasper Support Forum
Hope this makes sense.  I have jasper working great at the moment.  I am using wit.ai for stt.   I thought when jasper listened for the wake word it did it locally then after the wake word it listens and passes audio to wit.ai.  This doesn't seems to be the case.    When I start Jasper it sends all audio to wit.ai.

Is it possible to listen for the wake word using pocket sphinx and once the wake word is heard use wit.ai ?  If so how do I set this up?

Thank you in advance.
Carmine

Carmine Marino

Sep 21, 2020, 5:26:05 PM9/21/20
to Jasper Support Forum
I figured it out.  I had to look through the code.  I added the stt_passive_engine setting to the config file.   I could see in the code that if this stt_passive_engine setting isn't in place it just uses the stt_engine setting which in my case is wit.ai.
Here is an example of my profile.yml for anyone else looking for this answer.

carrier: ''
first_name: John
gmail_password: ''
last_name: Doe
phone_number: ''
prefers_email: true
timezone: America/New_York
location: New York
latitude: 40.099762244898
longitude: -74.0442383265306
darkSkyKey: 17be4b36614e8944907c17927695a095
locationIQKey: beb9b500f8a8f1
stt_passive_engine: sphinx
pocketsphinx:
    hmm_dir: '/usr/share/pocketsphinx/model/en-us/en-us'
    fst_model: '/home/pi/phonetisaurus/g014b2b.fst'
stt_engine: witai-stt
#stt_engine: witai
witai-stt:
    access_token: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tts_engine: pico-tts