Updated Guide + Functional Jasper Image File for Raspberry Pi 3B+

Adam Lawson

Mar 3, 2020, 8:47:08 PM3/3/20
to Jasper Support Forum
Based on Steve's work, I created a GitHub guide with every step required to build Jasper on a raspberry Pi 3B+. The guide can be accessed at https://github.com/aplawson/jasperbuster. The guide contains details of the exact hardware footprint that was tested (with links on where to buy them on Amazon), a step-by-step guide, and the files that were previously scattered all over were combined into one single SourceForge project folder. The SourceForge project can be accessed here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperclient/files.

You will also notice that I created a fully-functional IMG file so you can burn it to your own SD card and try  the install on your own device. You can download the IMG file here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperclient/files/jasper-rpi.zip/download

I don't know if this functional image file works out of the box for everyone but if not, the guide I linked above does work. Let me know if you have any questions or problems. I'm just glad I can experiment with something other than getting Jasper to work (such as changing the voice, adding words and commands etc).

//adam