Jasper tutorial to install on a Raspberry Pi model 3 B+ using Raspian Buster

Steve Kuekes

Jan 23, 2020, 3:27:21 PM1/23/20
to Jasper Support Forum
Here is a tutorial on installing Jasper on a Raspberry Pi Model 3 B+ using Raspian Buster.  I have done this install twice with no problems if you follow all the directions and apply the couple of patches that I have included.

Let me know if you have any comments.  I'll try to make the formatting on the tutorial better.

The link to the tutorial is http://www.kuekes.com/jasperbuster.html

I am working on an ISO image that will be quicker to install.  Does anyone know where I can host the image.  It will probably be 3-5 Gb.

Steve

Adam Lawson

Jan 23, 2020, 6:07:34 PM1/23/20
to Jasper Support Forum
I created a public github repo to hold the tutorial, track changes and other artifacts as a mirror in case your personal server ever goes offline. Submit a pull request to edit and I'll add you as a collaborator.

Steve Kuekes

Jan 25, 2020, 3:28:59 PM1/25/20
to Jasper Support Forum
I just received my Raspberry Pi Model 4.  I just swapped the SD card from my Model 3 B+ to the model 4 and it booted up.  I tested my Jasper install and it worked fine.   I'll post that this works on a model 4 now.

Steve Kuekes

Feb 6, 2020, 1:37:08 PM2/6/20
to Jasper Support Forum
I have cloned your repo and added a new branch, but I cannot commit it to issue a pull request.  If you will add me I'll commit this.  My github ID is stevekuekes.