How to use JASPAR to find TF binding site?

Sanjukta Ghosh

Oct 31, 2020, 10:15:53 AM10/31/20
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Hello all, I just got introduced to JASPAR in a paper, PMID: 31091119.
I wish to use it to figure out TF binding sites on some genes.
Can somebody please give an outline as to how to use this site to find TF binding sites?

Thanks. :)

Oriol Fornés

Oct 31, 2020, 2:16:57 PM10/31/20
to Sanjukta Ghosh, JASPAR Q&A Forum
Dear Sanjukta,

If you were interested in human (or another model organism), I recommend that you use the JASPAR genome tracks at the UCSC genome browser:

--
Oriol Fornés Crespo, PhD
Deputy Group Leader / Wasserman Lab

Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics (CMMT)
Dpt. of Medical Genetics / University of British Columbia
BC Children's Hospital Research Institute
950 W 28th Ave, Room 3109, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4, Canada

Sanjukta Ghosh

Oct 31, 2020, 2:23:37 PM10/31/20
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Okay. Thanks. :)

Anthony Mathelier

Oct 31, 2020, 2:58:33 PM10/31/20
to Sanjukta Ghosh, JASPAR Q&A Forum
You could also use the TFBSs from UniBind (https://unibind.uio.no/) that are predicted using JASPAR PWMs in ChIPseq peaks.

Best

Sanjukta Ghosh

Nov 2, 2020, 11:48:15 AM11/2/20
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Thanks, Anthony but my model of study is mouse. Is there anything you can recommend regarding it?

Anthony Mathelier

Nov 2, 2020, 2:04:28 PM11/2/20
to Sanjukta Ghosh, JASPAR Q&A Forum
Dear Sanjukta,

We have recently been expanding UniBind to 9 species, including mouse. The new data will be soon (in the next few weeks) provided on the UniBind website along with the corresponding manuscript on bioRxiv. For now, you can find it at https://testunibind.uio.no/ temporarily.

I hope it helps.

Best
AM

Sanjukta Ghosh