Splice collection removal

Laura Ponting

Mar 1, 2023, 9:24:27 AM3/1/23
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Hi,

I see that you removed the SPLICE Collection in JASPAR 2022. What was the reason for removing these and are the motifs extracted from previous versions still valid?

Thanks,

Laura

Anthony Mathelier

Mar 1, 2023, 2:48:53 PM3/1/23
to Laura Ponting, JASPAR Q&A Forum
Dear Laura,

Thanks for your enquiry.

In the latest JASPAR release, we discarded unused collections introduced in early releases of the database; that is why the SPLICE collection was removed. You can still access it through the previous version of JASPAR accessible at https://jaspar2020.genereg.net/.

Best
AM

Anthony