Doubt regarding taxonomy

Gabriele Oliveto

Apr 2, 2024, 11:41:34 AMApr 2
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Good Evening, I am currently developing a "toy" Web Service in Python (using JASPAR database as a source) for a University Project.

I wanted to be able to obtain as much data as possible in order to make my project a bit more interesting and complete.
Is there a criterium for which the JASPAR_ID are distributed among different taxonomic groups? My idea would be to infer the taxonomic group based on the JASPAR ID

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Gabriele

Anthony Mathelier

Apr 9, 2024, 4:31:53 AMApr 9
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Dear Gabriele.

Thanks for your inquiry. There is no link between the JASPAR IDs and the associated taxonomic group.

Best