No data for lhx3 in human

sven b

May 27, 2021, 10:06:51 AM5/27/21
to JASPAR Q&A Forum
Hi JASPAR Q&A forum,

By searching for a "lhx3" frequency matrix I am not getting any results for human.
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much,
Sven

Oriol Fornés

May 27, 2021, 10:41:03 AM5/27/21
to sven b, JASPAR Q&A Forum
Hi Sven,

Unfortunately we do not have the LHX3 profile for humans.

We have it for mouse though: http://jaspar.genereg.net/matrix/MA0135.1/

The DNA-binding domains of the human and mouse LHX3 are identical. Hence, you can safely use the mouse version of the profile.

Best wishes,

--
Oriol Fornés Crespo, PhD
Deputy Group Leader / Wasserman Lab

Centre for Molecular Medicine and Therapeutics (CMMT)
Dpt. of Medical Genetics / University of British Columbia
BC Children's Hospital Research Institute
950 W 28th Ave, Room 3109, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4, Canada

Anthony Mathelier

May 27, 2021, 2:12:32 PM5/27/21
to Oriol Fornés, sven b, JASPAR Q&A Forum
I 100% agree with Oriol. Please note that we try to avoid redundancy of profiles in JASPAR so we provide only one profile per TF per taxon.

Best
AM

sven b

May 28, 2021, 4:00:22 AM5/28/21